Prep Time: 2HR | Ham
It wouldn’t be a traditional Kiwi Christmas without a delicious ham taking pride-of-place on the yule tide table. This year treat your loved ones to the best with a mouth-watering Leonard’s Whole Cooked Ham On The Bone. Nothing says “Christmas” like a decorative, delicious glazed ham. A hint of Manuka smoke gives this ham its traditional taste and makes for tender, succulent eating. Enjoy hot or cold so you can keep the Christmas spirit alive long after the big day.
- 440g tin crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp dry English mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1Whole Cooked Leonard’s Ham (remove from the fridge two hours before cooking.
- 2Preheat the oven to 160C. To make the glaze, place all ingredients (except ham) in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes then cool.
- 3Remove the skin from the ham using your fingertips to gently prise it away, taking care not to damage the layer of fat underneath. Leave the skin on the hock. Lightly score the fat in a diamond pattern.
- 4Place the ham in a large foil-lined baking dish and pour over the glaze. Cook for 1.5 hours, basting every 15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before demolishing.
Nutrition per serving
Sorry, No posts found.