Roast Pumpkin, Haloumi and Bacon Croissants
- 1/2 bunch oregano, leaves picked
- 400g pumpkin
- 200g haloumi, sliced
- 8 streaky bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup (40g) dukkah
- 1 tbs dried chilli flakes
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 4 large croissants
- 2/3 cup (180g) basil pesto
- 100g baby kale leaves
- 1Preheat the oven to 250°C. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Place the oregano, pumpkin, halloumi and bacon on one of the prepared trays. Drizzle over the oil and season. Roast for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked, halloumi is golden and the bacon is crisp.
- 3Meanwhile, combine dukkah and chilli flakes on a plate. Place the egg and the yolk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Dip each croissant into the egg mixture, then coat in dukkah mixture.
- 4Transfer to prepared tray, then add to oven for the final 7 minutes of pumpkin cooking time and bake until crisp and golden.
- 5To serve, slice the croissants horizontally and top with a spoon of pesto. Layer in the pumpkin, haloumi, oregano, bacon and kale leaves. Serve warm with any remaining pesto.